Washington Avenue...The artist community blog

Post and Share your art.The artist community blog


IT'S ON CHALLENGE: Aliens...





To join the "IT'S ON" CHALLENGE
e-mail: Boblearned@gmail.com

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hippy VW van


This van is a part of a project I am working on for a person I work with. He wanted to have a VW van "peaced" out hippy style. I turned in this design for the basic van and he liked it. I told him I would do the graffiti in photoshop. I'll show you the finished one soon. I hate drawing cars, so the hardest part of this drawing was to embrace the car-ness and draw a stylized VW. I got a lot of inspiration from the Pixar movie, Cars, there is a hippy van played by George Carlin that helped. Soon this picture will be on pins and posters for the upcoming elections. The van was drawn on bristol board and inked with India ink. Then cleaned up in photoshop. Enjoy! More color work to come.

Later,
Bob

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like VW vans, especially old models. They are very good vehicles and that's why it is popular and useful, but not so many people can buy and they go and rent it in van hire company. Last summer my friends and I rented VW van for two weeks and we had a nice trip across country, we visited a lot of interesting and beautiful places! I think traveling in camper van is like freedom, you can go and stop anywhere you want. But when you are driving an don't forget that vans are longer and wider than cars and have a wider turning radius! Be careful.