Washington Avenue...The artist community blog

Post and Share your art.The artist community blog


IT'S ON CHALLENGE: Aliens...





To join the "IT'S ON" CHALLENGE
e-mail: Boblearned@gmail.com

Friday, December 14, 2007

Something's fishy...


Here's my pirate entry! I made this completely in Photoshop, from sketch to colour. I first had some more pirates in the sketch, a fish and a lobster, but colouring this one took quite long and while working on it I realised it might become a bit too crowded if I added them as well.

It's the first time I've tried this "style". It looks a bit like something made in Illustrator, but I'm not very familiar with that programme. (learning to work with Illustrator is on my to do list though)

If you want to see pirates by me in another style, just hop on over to my webcomic, Willy and Evita. Somewhere last year I did a short story arc where they pretended to be pirates.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great!

Intriguing character and nice coloring.

Unknown said...

Thank you ^^

Bob Learned said...

I love the stub leg... i just noticed it...HA