Washington Avenue...The artist community blog

Post and Share your art.The artist community blog


IT'S ON CHALLENGE: Aliens...





To join the "IT'S ON" CHALLENGE
e-mail: Boblearned@gmail.com

Monday, December 3, 2007

Dino Daze!

As a father of five and as a teacher of 600, it's often difficult to find time to draw. I'm an elementary art teacher so I took the time to create this poster illustration to advertise our big annual art show. If you want to see more of the art the kids did for this, take a look at our website.

2 comments:

Bob Learned said...

Andy
When you are coloring your pictures in photoshop, what do you select your space to color with? It looks like it may be the magic wand. I say this only because I can see white lines next to your black lines.

I am wondering if you ever work in layers and use the multiply layer mode?

If not try this... take a black and white drawing into photoshop and make a new layer. On the new layer draw in color then set this new layer to "multiply" in mode right next to the opacity slider in the layers list. The black of the drawing should come forward of the color layer and the white will stay behind the white. This is a very useful technique in coloring in photoshop.

Hope this was useful??

Unknown said...

I like the idea of such a big project ^^ I looked at the photo's on the blog you linked to. The kids seem to be having fun! I especially thought the photogenic "real" dinosuar was impressive. That's a lot of work and it looks like fun to make something like that!