Washington Avenue...The artist community blog

Post and Share your art.The artist community blog


IT'S ON CHALLENGE: Aliens...





To join the "IT'S ON" CHALLENGE
e-mail: Boblearned@gmail.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

No aliens yet...

But I haven't been quiet either ^^ I have made a few things worth showing here. If anyone has any Feedback, that's always appreciated.

First thing is a short story I made for an assignment of the art academy. The teacher said: "live in a garbage can for a week and show me in images."

Here is part of the story I made for him:

Here is the rest of "The Garbage Monster".


Second thing to show is a drawing I have worked on for nearly a year. The details nearly killed me and I would have stopped long ago if I didn't really enjoy scribbling away at this lovely tree.

I'm planning on adding some paint washed in the background to add more depth.

I'm also working on a new short story and I might show some sketches of the characters. One of those is actually an alien, so it would fit into the monthly challenge ^^


That's all for now!

2 comments:

Bob Learned said...

Thanks Tamara,

Both of these are awesome.

I love all your sequential work... do you have any thumbnail sketches or prework you can show? I would like to see some of your prework.

As for that amazingly detailed drawing of the trees, very nice. How long did it take to draw it?

I'm not not digging the bottom left of the drawing...I'm unsure what I am looking at...maybe it will clear up at the color stage.

I can't wait to see it in watercolor.

Later,
Bob

Unknown said...

Hey Bob, thanks for the comment. The bottom left is supposed to be a reflection in the water. I wasn't sure how to solve it, since in the photo I used for reference it was very dark and I was afraid it would clutter the middle of the image.

It's one of the reasons I want to add the water color to it, so I really hope I can clear it up too!

And about the prework sketches (and photo's in this case). I made most of them on really big pieces of paper. I posted two photos of them here and here.